Monthly point shows are held the second weekend of each month starting in January and ending in November. In December, all qualifying horses can enter the Nationals. We are always looking for volunteers to judge our shows and even non-members can judge (they just can’t show). If you would like to hold a special point show or a club benefit show, please contact the President.
All mail-in judges are entered into a drawing at the end of the year for a brand new traditional Breyer model or Stone gift certificate! Online judges for halter and performance are also entered into a year-end drawing for a Breyer classic model.
The class list is the same for both mail-in and online shows. Performance is divided up into two sections: A – Original Finish, B – Customized/Artist Resin. Halter is divided into three sections: A – Original Finish, B – Customized/Artist Resin, C – Bloodstock.
- OF refers to any mass produced factory models such as Breyers, Peter Stone, Black Horse Ranch, Northlights, Hagen-Renakers, Pour Horse, etc.
- A customized model is a horse that has been altered in any fashion from their original finish. For example: etching, after-market glossing, painting, moving body parts, sculpting of any kind, etc.
- Bloodstock entries do not have to have the same finish as their offspring. It is fine to have an OF stallion/mare with foals that are CM or vice versa.
Champions and reserves will be named for each division (see class list). Championships/reserves will be selected by a judge off or point totals, depending on the judge’s preference. The judge’s decisions are final.
The Nationals for each show are held in December for qualifying horses. Eligible horses are not limited to strictly the class they qualified in; horses can compete in their appropriate Bloodstock, Gender, Breed, and Color classes. Here is the break down for each show:
- Online Halter – a horse must have placed 1st or 2nd in any class during the show year
- Mail-in Performance – a horse must have placed 1st-3rd in any class during that show year
- Online Performance – a horse must have placed 1st-3rd in any class during that show year
Point values for the Monthly Point Shows are 1st – 10 points, 2nd – 9, 3rd- 8, 4th- 7, 5th – 6, 6th -5, 7th- 4, 8th- 3, 9th – 2, 10 – 1, and Honorable Mention – ½ . Championships are 50 points, and Reserves are 35.