Would you like to join our show train? It’s easy and a convenient way of showing your horses all year. You have the option of entering the shows via the show train or sending in photos individually each month. If you would like to enter the show train for performance, you will need to do the following:
Include one large, stamped envelope to get your photos home at the end of the season. Please write on the bottom of the envelope the month you would like your photos returned to you. Entries will be returned automatically after October’s show so that you can sort out qualifiers for the Nationals in November. There is no show train for November; you will need to mail photos to the judge’s address yourself.
- The cost varies depending on how many entries sign up for the train. If you would like your photos to ride the train, please let Laurel (halter) or Vicki (performance) know. She will email you with a total for the year after the first show and the size of the box has been determined. At that point you can PayPal the amount to our treasurer, Chris , or snail mail a check/MO directly to her.
- Results will be uploaded to the IPABRA yahoo group each month by the coordinator. If you would like your results sent via snail mail, please include a self addressed, stamped envelope for each month your horse will be in the show train.
- Additional horses may be added to the show train at any time. You will need to include a note to inform the judge that they should be included.
- If more than 20 photos are sent, you will need to include a couple of extra dollars to cover the additional postage.
- The show trains are not required to show your horses; it is completely optional. Sending your photos to a new judge each month is fine too.
- Please make sure to label photos clearly with Division A or B along with class numbers. Classes and class numbers are the same for each division. Keep in mind that you can enter a horse in either the mail-in show OR the online show each month – a horse may not enter both shows in the same month.
- If you are going to show in the Blood Stock classes, please make sure to print the sire/dam and foals pictures together onto ONE page. Print on plain paper, not card stock or photo stock. The Blood Stock entries are taking up too much space in the show train and printing them on regular paper will help. Thanks!
Note for judges: The first judge of the show train will obtain a box large enough to accommodate all of the entrant photos and envelopes. That box will then be sent to the February judge once the January show is completed. Once the February judge has finished judging, the photos and envelopes will be packed into the same box, relabeled, and shipped to the March judge. This process will continue every month until the October show. The October judge will mail back all entries home via the enclosed envelopes once judging is completed. Please scan (or snail mail) the receipt to Chris for postage reimbursement.
For the list of 2016 Judges and their contact information, go here. The Judge’s page is password protected to reduce spam and to keep their information private. Only dues paying members can access this page. To obtain a password, please contact Jean or Cory.