Year-End Awards are given based on the points accumulated by an individual horse in a given show year. Our show year runs from January 1st to December 31st. The awards are tabulated by Laurel after members have submitted their point sheets to our Pointkeeper, Kathy. Winners will be posted on our website, announced via our yahoo group, and also in the March issue of Bloodlines.
Year-End Award Titles
- Breed Top Ten – OF and CM
- Top Ten Sires
- Top Ten Dams
- Breeder of the Year (High Point Stable)
- Top Ten in each Performance division will be awarded if we have enough entries
Our Cumulative Awards are based on the points a horse or breeder has accumulated in a lifetime (points carry over every year). For all Sire/Dam Awards, the get do not have to be owned by the stallion or mare owner for the parent to achieve the title. Members will need to keep track of points earned for each horse and submit them to the President for verification of award. Club awards are announced annually in the March issue of Bloodlines, along with our private yahoo group, and on the website.
- Region of Merit (ROM) 750-1,499 points in halter, performance, or breeding classes
- Legion of Merit (LOM) 1,500-4,999 points in halter, performance, or breeding classes
- Supreme Legion of Merit (SLOM) 5,000-9,999 points in halter, performance, or breeding classes
- Pinnacle of Merit (POM) 10,000-19,999 points in halter, performance, or breeding classes
- Hall of Merit (HOM) 20,000+ points in halter, performance, or breeding classes
- Supreme Champion – Any horse winning five championship titles under at least three different judges (please note: only one championship per horse, per show is counted. If a horse earns a breed championship and a color championship at the same show, it only counts as one towards this title). Horses winning Supreme Champion status are allowed to place a “+” after their name based on the number of Supreme Champion titles earned. For example, a horse winning two Supreme Champion titles may place “++” after its name).
- Silver Medallion Sire – Any stallion with three or more get who have ROM’s.
- Silver Medallion Dam – Any mare with two or more get who have ROM’s.
- Gold Medallion Sire – Any stallion with a Supreme Champion title and who has three or more get with LOM’s.
- Gold Medallion Dam – Any mare with a Supreme Champion title and who has two or more get with LOM’s.
- Foundation Sire – Any Gold Medallion Sire that sire’s a Silver Medallion Sire or Dam.
- Foundation Dam – Any Gold Medallion Dam that produces a Silver Medallion Sire or Dam.
- Master Breeder – Any IPABRA Member to earn at least two Foundation titles.